Qatar spends $200B on preparations for FIFA World Cup
Football
- 07 October, 2021
- 07:29
Qatar’s preliminary spending on preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup is about $200 billion, Ambassador of Qatar to the Russian Federation Sheikh Ahmed bin Nasser bin Jassim Al Thani told TASS, Report informs.
The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be held from November 21 to December 18 in five cities and eight stadiums.
“So far, our state has spent about $200 billion on organizing the tournament,” the ambassador said. “This amount includes the costs of building stadiums, metro, airports, a new city, and a port.”
“We hope that we will be able to organize such a world championship that the whole world will be delighted with. We want Qatar to always be an advanced state, a kind of a driver, to set an example in everything,” he added.
Latest News
09:21
CBA currency exchange rates (17.08.2026)
Finance08:57
Photo
Great Return: Residents of Khojavand and Shusha return to their homeland
Domestic policy08:48
Photo
Azerbaijan's Karabakh, Romania's Maramureș discuss expanding economic ties
Foreign policy08:43
Photo
Baku to host 2027 Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
Individual sports18:00
Photo
Brussels' Grand Place transformed into a giant flower carpet
Other countries17:54
Iran says it will not allow US bases to resume operations in Middle East
Region17:31
Tickets go on sale for Sabah vs Hapoel Be'er Sheva match
Football17:15
Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry disaster rises to 80
Other countries17:01